This is the team I was referring to.
- 2nd place at Korean League Final Season (Seniors Division)
- Korean Seniors 1st place on a CP basis
Rayquaza @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 124 HP / 20 Atk / 28 Def / 84 SpD / 252 Spe
– Dragon Ascent
– Extreme Speed
– Swords Dance
- 252+ SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 124 HP / 84 SpD Mega Rayquaza: 164-194 (83.6 – 98.9%) — guaranteed 2HKO
- 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 124 HP / 28 Def Mega Rayquaza: 165-195 (84.1 – 99.4%) — guaranteed 2HKO
- 20 Atk Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 144-171 (98.6 – 117.1%) — 93.8% chance to OHKO
Kyogre @ Blue Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 28 SpA / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
– Water Spout
– Ice Beam
- Outspeeds Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar after Icy Wind
A typical Kyogre set. I always use this.
Tapu Fini @ Tapunium Z
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 236 HP / 36 Def / 4 SpA / 28 SpD / 204 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
– Icy Wind
– Nature’s Madness
- Outspeeds Speed EV 188 Modest Xerneas
I should have invested a little more on Special Attack.
Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 28 HP / 164 Atk / 84 Def / 20 SpD / 212 Spe
– Bullet Punch
– Iron Head
– Stomping Tantrum
- 164 Atk Metagross Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 140 Def Xerneas: 62-74 (26.6 – 31.7%) — guaranteed 4HKO
- -1 164 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 140 Def Xerneas: 56-68 (24 – 29.1%) — 98.6% chance to 4HKO
Combined with Fini, this Metagross handles Xerneas.
Togedemaru @ Focus Sash
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
– Fake Out
Togedemaru does its job against RayOgre. Encore is too strong.
Incineroar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Atk / 100 Def / 116 SpD / 44 Spe
– Fake Out
– Flare Blitz
Rundown of Tournament
R1 vs Joonhyung Park W
I gave him the team I used the day before the tournament, and cheered him up. But we met at Round 1…
R2 vs Cheongye W
Since his team had Koko and RayOgre, I won with my Togedemaru.
R3 vs AutumnVGC L
I saw he had Max Speed Xern and Banded Ray, and prayed that we would never meet at the Top Cut Tournament.
R4 vs Binsk W
His move missed and I won because of that. I’m sorry.
R5 vs Seongjin Yoon W
A smooth win.
R6 vs Joonhyuk Song W
I tried to get as much information as possible even if I lose. The last turn, I realized his Ray was Banded and I won.
Top 16 vs Eolho WW
It seems we meet too often at Top 16… I won by handling his Don early with my Ogre.
Top 8 vs Joonhyuk Song LWW
I lost Game 1 because of my weird leads. Then I won Game 2 because he had the same leads. In Game 3, the Scald burn eliminated mind games and I won.
Top 4 vs Chanmin Park WW
Though I almost lost Game 1, I could win by winning the mind game. I won Game 2 using the information I got from Game 1.
Finals vs AutumnVGC LL
I lost due to an unfavorable matchup. It was glad to meet him at the finals, though.
See you at Worlds!
Edited by Junebum Ryoo (Ryuna)